- RSS Channel Showcase 3458060
- RSS Channel Showcase 3415609
- RSS Channel Showcase 2385454
- RSS Channel Showcase 1208176
Articles on this Page
- 08/30/18--07:50: _5e Magic Item Patte...
- 09/05/18--08:46: _5e Magic Item Patte...
- 09/13/18--08:10: _5e Magic Item Patte...
- 09/27/18--08:44: _5e Magic Item Patte...
- 10/04/18--06:00: _How Do We Define Ch...
- 10/11/18--08:12: _Five Magic Items wi...
- 10/19/18--10:28: _Slashers, Cults, an...
- 11/08/18--06:00: _Shadow of the Dusk ...
- 11/22/18--11:25: _Thanksgiving Treats...
- 12/05/18--06:00: _5e Magic Item Patte...
- 08/30/18--07:50: 5e Magic Item Patterns for Alternate Crafting: Part One
- 09/05/18--08:46: 5e Magic Item Patterns for Alternate Crafting: Part Two
- 09/27/18--08:44: 5e Magic Item Patterns for Alternate Crafting: The A’s
- 10/04/18--06:00: How Do We Define Character Success?
- 10/11/18--08:12: Five Magic Items with Spooky ATOMBments
- 10/19/18--10:28: Slashers, Cults, and Unseen Terror
- 11/08/18--06:00: Shadow of the Dusk Queen Review
- 11/22/18--11:25: Thanksgiving Treats for 5e
- 12/05/18--06:00: 5e Magic Item Patterns for Alternate Crafting: the Bags
Three patterns for magic items from the D&D 5e SRD for characters interested in crafting. These can be used with the level-less crafting system presented here, or general use.
The post 5e Magic Item Patterns for Alternate Crafting: Part One appeared first on Tribality.
I don’t know if you know this, but there are a lot of magic items in D&D 5e. We’re talking into the hundreds. I was thinking I’d knock out a couple a week, but I obviously underestimated the amount of magic items in the SRF. I’m fully aware sixty some-odd articles on a single topic is probably too much for anyone to reasonably want to consume. No matter how interesting I think the content is, ain’t nobody got time for […]
The post 5e Magic Item Patterns for Alternate Crafting: Part Two appeared first on Tribality.
As it turns out, I was a liar last week when I said I would finish the A’s this week. Not because I just didn’t finish the A’s, either. Instead, I realize legendary, game-altering, strange items are still waiting for coverage. The pattern system should be flexible enough to tackle the items without much effort, while conveying a strong sense of purpose behind each of them. As luck would have it, the next three items alphabetically cover exactly the gap […]
The post 5e Magic Item Patterns for Alternate Crafting: The Strange and Legendary appeared first on Tribality.
Alright, here we go. We’re back, and we’re finishing up all the rest of the SRD A’s for magic items. It’s a long list, covering a lot of very cool items. As before, I include my notes as to my design ideas behind them, and how to vary the patterns up for your own game use. As always, the hope is these patterns can be a direct port into any game world, but I have been around long enough to […]
The post 5e Magic Item Patterns for Alternate Crafting: The A’s appeared first on Tribality.
As one might suspect when taking care of a tiny new human, I do not have a lot of time to actively run and play tabletop games, at the moment. When I’m not making sure my children don’t wander into some danger like the worst SIMS characters, I’m trying to make sure my job doesn’t explode in a fiery mess that makes international news. In short, as much as I love carving out a few hours to roll some dice, […]
A look at five magic items for use with D&D 5e that require something more than a standard attunement slot. Also, it's October so they are spooky!
A look at Halloween, Halloween 3, what they have in common, and how to use both as a model for you tabletop roleplaying games.
A review of Shadow of the Dusk Queen, a Kobold Press 5e adventure by Marc Radle for 8th level characters. Come for the fey, stay for the stirges!
Happy American Thanksgiving! Holidays are a magical experience. Fights break out with your racist family members. You cry over childhood trauma. Your family sits awkwardly with your aunt’s eighth husband and act like he’ll stick this time, while already forgetting his name. You also eat delicious food and feel horrible about yourself later. This is truly the American holiday experience. Luckily, adventurers are more active than the majority of us, their evil family members are probably liches instead of racist, […]
A look at alternate crafting patterns for four magical bags found in 5e. This continues the alternate crafting series for all 5e SRD magic items.
The post 5e Magic Item Patterns for Alternate Crafting: the Bags appeared first on Tribality.